7 Tips to Fix Your Influencer Campaign
I want to share some thoughts I have about Influencer marketing. I am neither selling anything or promoting my company. Just a convo…. Have any of you worked on an influencer campaign in the last year that didnt produce the expected ROI?
We all have correct? There are many reasons why. Here are a few.
- ROI expectations are so not inline with reality. Ladies and gentlemen, there are no quick fixes for companies that are not achieving their goals. We arent god’s we are just people. So set achievable goals or suffer the consequences.
- If your budget is spent before you launched, you are so screwed! Today, you need to back your campaign with a really strong digital ad buy. And from an agency that actually can help direct the type of content required, can review a company’s website and direct changes, add landing pages, etc. Digital ad buy is essential.
- All influencers are not created equal. Does this resonate? If you only look at their numbers and fail to speak with them and make the connection with the brand, the campaign and the goals i assure you failure is guaranteed!
- Influencers are not indentured servants. Just waiting for your crappy affiliate program. They are micro entrepreneurs that know their audience a hell of a lot better than you do. RESPECT THE ENTREPRENEUR.
- Arrogance. Lets be honest. We all think we know everything because thats what it takes to get a client these days to sign on with us. But maybe just maybe we become a little more humble and admit we didnt invent google, Apple started without us and we are usually sole practicioners trying to show big. Humility is actually a virtue.
- SEM Rush. This has become one of the most powerful tools in my toolbox. We use SEM Rush to decide on blog content, short form content, what we are going to post, what is trending, as the back bone of our newest division www.celebritytrending10.com and many other useful integrations.
- Patience. Sounds so simple. There is so little of it in the current landscape. So many say they have it. So few actually understand what a huge virtue it is.
In the end, achieving success is not for the faint of heart. You need to be able to create success through testing, trial and error. We work on hundreds of campaigns a year. We are always learning.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how we can help you create a one of a kind campaign with these tips in mind.